T10 Cricket Tournament Regulations
Nad Al Sheba Sports Tournament 2019
- The league stage of the T10 Cricket Tournament will be held between 8 May 2019 and 13 May 2019 and shall be followed by the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and shall end with the Finals being played on 20 May 2019.
- UAE citizens and residents, can participate in the Tournament according to the competition rules.
- Players wishing to participate are required to be medically fit on their own responsibility and sign an undertaking to this effect.
- The Tournament’s Technical Committee has the right to implement such procedures and resolutions as required to ensure the proper organization of the Tournament, including amending the match schedule.
- The Tournament is for Amateur Cricketers only.
- Each match will comprise of 10 overs and all Matches Will Be Played Under the Standard Twenty20 International Match Playing Conditions Effective 28 September 2017 Which Incorporates The 2017 Code of MCC Laws of Cricket.
- Teams shall comprise of maximum 15 Players, of which 11 shall take field in a match.
- All Players taking the field in a match shall wear identical kits. Playing kits will be the team’s own kits and will not be provided by the tournament.
- Teams shall report 15 minutes prior to the scheduled Match start time.
- The Organizing Committee has the right to change the format of the Tournament if the number of participants in case the number of Teams registering is less than 12.
- The format consists of 4 Groups of 3 teams playing each other once in a round robin stage, with the top 2 teams from each group qualifying to play the Quarter Finals.
- Winners from the Quarter Finals shall play the Semi-finals and the winners of the same shall play in the Finals.
- Points System: 2 pts for a win, 0 for Loss, 1 for Tie / Abandoned match
- 1 bonus point will be given to team who win with a net run rate of 1.25 times.
Ranking of teams in each Group shall be done based on
- the number of Points earned
- matches won
- Net Run Rate (calculated as the differential between Runs scored off overs faced and Runs conceded off overs bowled)
Championship Venue and Date:
- Venue: DP World Cricket Ground.
- Competitions kick-off at 9:00 PM.
- Players shall be present at the venue at least (30) minutes before the matches in order to check their cards and uniforms.
- Minimum 7 players should be on the ground to start the match.
Prizes and Results:
- The winning team (First place) will be awarded a trophy.
- The winning teams of the top three places are to be awarded medals.
- Man of the match will be given non-cash prizes.
- Cristal Trophies will be given to the Best Batsman, Best Bowler of the Tournament.
- All matches will be scored on scoring app and results will be available online.
- Teams will register interest on NASST website from 15/04/2019 till 30/04/2019.
- The teams will be registered on a first come first serve basis provided all details provided are accurate. Teams will then register their players with full particulars.
- All participants shall upload and bring original Emirates ID Card (for Expats the residence VISA must have been issued before 1/1/2019).
- After registration closure, participants will not be allowed to make changes to their squads.
- Participants are required to sign the physical and medical fitness acknowledgment, accept participation conditions and observe the Tournament’s regulations.
- For inquiries regarding registration in the Cricket Championship, please contact us at:
- Complaining against the results or claiming wrong implementation of law provisions is possible only in the case of violation on the player’s part.
- Complaints will be rejected in form unless the amount of AED 300 was enclosed with the complaints; such amount will be refunded if the complaint was accepted, or given to the Organizing Committee if the complaint was rejected.
- Only the Technical Committee is qualified to interpret and construct the regulations, laws and systems and take appropriate resolutions; in all events, the Committee’s resolutions are final.