Basketball Championship – (3X3) Regulation
Nad Al Sheba Sports Tournament (NAS) 2019
- The championship will be held from 8 to 12 May 2019 according to the schedule issued by the technical committee.
- All the citizens and residents as well as local and international players both (males and females) from inside the State shall be allowed to participate in the categories specified below.
- The participant shall be medically fit on his/her own responsibility, along with his/her signature on the personal declaration to that effect
- The Technical Committee alone can take the appropriate decisions regarding the organization of the championship, including the amendment to the schedule.
- The Technical Committee will decide the location and the schedule of matches according to the number of participants and the participants will be informed of that.
- Each player shall participate only in his/her registered category.
- Each team shall provide appropriate numbered uniforms.
- All players must be in the field at least (15) minutes before the start of matches to check cards and Uniforms.
- All players are required to familiarize themselves with the system and rules of the basketball game (3X3) approved by FIBA.
- Rules for Basketball game (3X3) adopted by International Basketball Federation (FIBA) shall be applied in exception with what is included herein.
Classification of the Championship:
|1||Men||Births of 2000 and below|
|2||Junior Boys||15-18 years old (01/01/2001-31/12/2004)|
|3||Ladies||Births of 2000 and below|
|4||Junior Girls||15-18 years old (01/01/2001-31/12/2004)|
The championship will be held according to the following stages:
- First Stage Teams to be divided into groups. Matches to be held in a one-round tournament for each group to determine rankings, first and second teams will qualify to the second stage.
- Second Stage To be played by the knockout system and the winners qualify for the next stage.
- 3. The two teams qualified from the semi-final round, shall play the final to determine the first and second place, Losers in the semi-final shall play to name the third and fourth places.
- Each team shall consist of (4) players, (3) players on the court and (1) substitute.
- The playing time shall be one period of (10) minutes.
- The first possession of the ball is done by coin flip.
- Scoring is counted (1) point if, the score is from inside the arc, and (2) points, if the score is from behind the arc.
- Time –outs: (1) per team.
- Foul limit per team: (6) fouls
- Substitutions are made in dead ball situation
- The first team which scores (21) points wins the game if it happens before the end of regular playing time.
- If the score is tied at the end of playing time, an extra period of time will be played. The first team to score (2) points in the extra time wins the game.
- A team shall lose the game by forfeit if at the scheduled starting time the team is not present on the playing court with (3) players ready to play. In case of a forfeit, the game score is marked with (2-0).
- A team shall lose by default if its players leave the court before the end of the game or all the players of the team are injured and/or disqualified. In case of a default situation, the winning team will keep its score or have the game forfeited, whilst the defaulting team's score is set (2- 0) in any case.
- In case of withdrawn, the team will be disqualified from the competition.
- The winning teams of each category (First places) are to be awarded trophies.
- The winning teams of the top three places (of each category) are to be awarded prizes and medals.
- Spectators can take part of the Dunk and shooting competitions.
|Category||First place||Second place||Third place|
- 1. Registration is open from 25/03/2019 to 30/04/2019.
- 2. Registration should be done through the NAS website. All participants shall upload original Emirates ID Card (for Expats the residence VISA must have been issued before 1/1/2019).
- 3. Participants shall not be allowed to change list of players after the deadline.
- 4. All participants shall sign a statement of health and physical fitness and shall agree to the conditions of participation and respect to the regulations of the Competition.
- For any enquires regarding registration:
- Complaints shall be submitted in written to the Technical Committee no later than (10) minutes after the end of the match and according to the prescribed form.
- Complaints shall not be accepted unless they are presented with an amount of AED (300) which shall be refunded in case of acceptance of the Complaint, and shall be submitted to the Organizing Committee in case of rejection.
- The Technical Committee shall decide on complaints on time, and alone shall be entitled to interpret and explain the regulations and laws and take the appropriate decisions, and in all cases, these decisions shall be final. It will not accept complaints about referee decisions.